1. Grapefruit seed extract (GSE): http://www.natural-dog-health-remedies.com/gse-for-dogs.html
2. Apple cider vinegar (AVC), preferably Bragg's or one with "the mother"
3. Diatomaceous earth (DE) FOOD GRADE ONLY:
5· Raw goat’s milk and Kefir:
6· Colloidal silver:
- Raw, fresh garlic:
- Fresh raw eggs: we like to feed our dogs whole raw chicken eggs (shell too!) from our flock of chickens. We crack the egg, crumble the shell and mix it all together with their kibble a few times a week.
- Pumpkin: it's a good idea to keep canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix) on hand, in case your dog has digestive issues. For most Chihuahuas, 1/2 teaspoon mixed in his/her food for a few days may help clear up loose stools or constipation. Too much may cause problems. It has a lot of other health benefits you can read about:
For mopping we like to use natural products, so when puppies chase the mop and bite it, or lick the floor there is nothing harmful to worry about:
- White distilled vinegar (I don't really measure but maybe 1/2C vinegar to 1-2 gallons of water)
- A few drops of essential oils: tea tree, eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, Thieves Oil blend (optional)
- Flea & tick prevention:
It is important to have healthy dogs in our breeding program. Most of our breeding dogs or their parents have been OFA health checked for patellas, heart and CERF or CAER for eyes. All are checked by a vet.
We hope that all our puppies turn out healthy, but whether they do or not, we want to know about it. This is why we conduct follow up studies on our puppies. Not everyone responds to our surveys, but we appreciate those who do, so we can continue to track our bloodlines. Please let us know if you have a new email address, so we can stay in contact and send you the survey.